Thursday, June 15, 2017

A Few Ideas on Teaching Mount Vernon Material Culture

The date for the beginning of my Mount Vernon Lifeguard Fellowship is approaching quickly.  As it does, I'm reading and writing more about Washington's world, especially the material culture of Mount Vernon.  Over at my fellowship blog, "Clothing as Culture at Mount Vernon," I posted a couple of new entries.  One covers the delineation of space at Mount Vernon (mentioned on this blog) while the other introduces some resources for teaching about George Washington through objects.


Reproduction of Martha Custis (Washington's) Wedding Shoes (photo by author)

I would love to have you along for the ride this summer as I share resources, lesson plans, and reflections on working at Mount Vernon and the Fred W. Smith library.

No comments:

Post a Comment